Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:
- 911 Dispatch
- Adult Good Samaritan (over 18 years old)
- Animal (a person who aids or saves an animal or vice versa)
- Aquatics (a situation that occurred in or around water)
- Community Impact
- Fire Fighter
- Law Enforcement
- Military (heroic action could have taken place elsewhere)
- Youth Good Samaritan (under 18 years old).
In order to be considered, the heroic act must be ongoing or have been performed between August 18, 2014 and August 18, 2015. Nominees must live, work, or have performed their heroic acts in Adams, Franklin, Fulton or York Counties.
The nomination deadline is August 28, 2015.
Submissions should include the nominees’ deeds, as well as how they impacted the community or others around them. Any supporting evidence or documentation (such as photographs, videos, police reports, and news articles) should also be submitted, as should the names and contact information for any witnesses who could help provide more information if necessary.